Monday, October 14, 2013

Motivation

Chicago Marathon Final

How amazing is the story of the man with a form of muscular dystrophy that finish the Chicago Marathon. When he finished he said "Because I can do it! That's the point. If you can do something, you discover you can do it, and then you have to do it," Melamed said. Last week I found out that my junior high principal passed away. Several of my friends on facebook that attended that school either with me, before me or after me shared the link to his obituary. The one thing that all of us said was "If you believe you will achieve." That was something Mr. Hart said to us every morning during the announcements. Most of us probably forgot those words until the moment we saw he had died but the fact that we still remembered after 25+ years, I think, means a lot. One of the main reasons is that I think we all knew that Mr. Hart wasn't just saying those words to say them. He really believed them and wanted us to believe them too. Now after finishing the half marathon I believe those words are true. I remember starting to struggle at mile 9, wanting to give up and just walk the rest of the way. Shoot wanting to just walk off the course completely. But I would push those words back down and once I realize I wasn't going to make the goal I had set in my head, I set another goal. I stopped letting myself get stressed every time someone passed me, reminding myself instead of all the people I had already passed. I will make my goal the next time. If you believe you will achieve!

Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment! I truly appreciate it!