Thursday, October 10, 2013

New name, new look

So I have made a few changed on the blog. Over the past year running has become a big part of my life. I have been a runner since 2005, ran my first 5k in 2006 and didn't run another race until March 2013. Between 2006 and 2012 I had my ups and downs with running. I decided last year I really wanted to become a good/great runner and after battling a couple of sprains we bought my first official real pair of running shoes from a real running store in November 2012. So far this year I have ran 3 5ks(one was a color vibe run), 2 8Ks, 1 10k and my very first half marathon! My hubby and I mostly run together. He didn't think he was ready for the half marathon but after watching me finish on Sunday he can't wait to run one too! We will be running in a 10K at the end of the month, a turkey trot 10k in November and a 10 miler in December. So since so much of my time has been consumed with work, running and family I barely have time for crafts (knitting, crocheting, scrap/card making) but hope that now that I have my first half under my belt I can plan things out a little better to make more time for crafting as well, Christmas cards won't make themselves!
scaryhttp://www.wicked10k.com/
This is a picture of the medal (on the left) for the race at the end of the month. I love it, its so cute,lol! My daughter is really wanting to run one of the mile races they have at these races so I'm trying to figure out if she will do this one or one on Thanksgiving.

Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment! I truly appreciate it!