Sunday, November 15, 2009

Cricut and card making!!!

My goal is to make 45 Christmas cards by the second week of December, hopefully sooner. I have completed 6 cards so far, and I just started yesterday. The patterned cardstock is made by Three bugs in a rug..the snowmen is on one side and the snowflakes are on another. The snowflake I cut using the cricut and the Joys of the Season cartridge (love this cartridge) I used baby blue stickles on the flake I don't think you can tell by the picture though. The Happy Holidays stamp is stamping up and the white block that the HH is stamped on is also stamped around the edges using Martha Stewart stamp ink.
This card below uses patterned cardstock from Imgainisce. It is so pretty. The striped paper in the corner is glittered and the brown paper on the bottom has dots of glitter all around it. The snowman stamp is by Hampton Art and it is colored using Bic Mark-its and I also added Frosted Lace Stickles for the snowman and Black Diamond Stickles for the hat. The two snowflakes are from a Martha Stewart punch and have baby blue stickles on them. I can't remember where I got the Let it Snow ribbon from
The patterned paper on this card below is also from Three Bugs in a Rug and the stamps on the right are from a huge stamp set I got from Michaels two years ago. They are colored with various colors of stickles and colored pencil. The tree stamp is from studio G and the quote stamp is from Stampin up. It says Wishing you a never-ending season of love and peace.

This card is by far my favorite card I think. The noel is stamped with light blue ink from Martha Stewart and then embossed using Detail Clear embossing powder from Stampendous. The patterned snowflake paper is from a paper pack I got from Walmart a long time ago and have no clue who made it. The snowflakes are stamped and embossed as well. The only thing I don't like about this card is that I couldn't get the snowflakes stamped evenly.

This card would probably be my second favorite. I cut the snowflakes using vellum and the Joys of the Season cartridge. I have had this vellum for years and always forget about it and don't have anyway of using it. I saw somewhere online that someone used vellum to make snowflakes and thought it was such a cute idea I had to try it. The blingy brad in the middle I think is making memories from Michaels. Seasons Greetings is stamped on the bottom I'm not sure how well you can see it I tried embossing it to make it stand out better but not sure that worked.

This last card uses that same snowflake paper from above from Three Bugs in a Rug. The snowflake is cut using the Joys of the Season cartridge and stickled with Frosted lace. It is also stamped on the bottom with Seasons Greeting stamp which oh by the way is from Stampin Up too.
Most of these cards have come from sketch and card ideas I have found from various sketch and card blogs that I follow. Thanks for looking!

Jackie






1 comment:

  1. Just popped over from CricutLovers....you mean to tell me you are going to make them all different? Wow! I bow to your ambition! How many do you have on your list? Whew! Boggles my mind. Anyway, you are doing a great job. I'd be proud and honored to receive any of them. (Want my address? lol)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment! I truly appreciate it!